Leila Grandemange is a storyteller at heart and loves sharing the many life-lessons learned from her dogs! To read Leila’s Story please scroll down below.
Leila is an award-winning writer and the author of several charming books. Previously a professional ballet dancer, Leila went on to earn a B.A. in Christian Education with a minor in Bible. Leila describes herself as devoted to God and family, an avid dog lover, and a work in progress in the hands of a loving God! She inspires faith through authentic communication and stories about God’s amazing love!
Her favorite topics to write about focus on the true value of life (human and animal), Responsible Dog Ownership, the Human-Canine Bond and it’s connection to God, and Faith in a personal and loving God. Leila is a member of the Dog Writers Association of America (DWAA) and winner of the AKC Responsible Dog Ownership Public Service Award. Her books and articles have also received several Award Nominations through the DWAA. Grateful for the warm welcome her books have received, she continues to write to inspire, educate, and share the joy in her heart!
Connect with Leila here:
Leila’s Story . . .
Some of my earliest and fondest memories involve dogs and horses. I’ll never forget the first puppy my parents brought home and all the unconditional love and comfort he poured into my life. No matter what I was going through growing up (the teen years can be brutal!), my dog was always there for me!
Aside from spending most of my walking hours playing with and training my puppy, I enjoyed riding and showing a beautiful horse named “Sony” (photo shown below). Those early years caring for my dog and horses (riding and cleaning stables), taught me how much animals rely on us, and what a great responsibility we have in caring for them. Along with riding lessons, mom drove me each day to ballet class. Looking back, I’m wondering how I ever had time for school work LOL!
Fast forward a few years . . .
At the age of 18, I was accepted into a professional ballet company. It was a dream come true!
While I was in the company, I began to contemplate my faith more seriously and wanted to learn more about God, the Bible, and ministry. I attended Anderson University, and four years later graduated with a degree in Christian Education. Soon after, I was swept off my feet by my husband and we moved to France. That was where I first laid eyes on the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, on the beaches of Etretat, in Normandy, and I’ve never been without one since!
Presently, I live in the United States with my husband, children, and dogs. Although I’m no longer dancing professionally, I still “dance around the ring” at dog shows with my dogs! It’s really a fun family hobby.
In 2002, I established Grandville Cavaliers and worked diligently to develop a quality breeding program with a special emphasis on the whole colors of the breed (Ruby and Black and Tan). I’ve produced Champions in all four colors and am recognized as an AKC Breeder of Merit. I’m also an active member of the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club USA ( CKCSC, USA). None of these activities or accomplishments would have been possible without the loving support of my husband and precious family for nearly 25 years. I’m immensely grateful to them!
Aside from our daily dog activities, I’m an author and publisher and enjoy sharing the numerous life lessons learned from my dogs through my articles and books. Faith in God is a very important part of my life and gives meaning to all I do or write about. I ‘d be honored if you’d take a moment to visit my “books page” and share any books of interest with your friends.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you’d like to stay in touch please subscribe and you’ll receive new posts by email.
Until next time!
Love, Leila ❤
- Author, publisher, speaker, free-lance writer, dog enthusiast.
- Published in the Royal Spaniels Magazine and the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club USA National Bulletin, and abroad.
- Exhibitor of the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, AKC Breeder of Merit
- B.A. Christian Education, Anderson University
- English teacher in France, public and private schools
- Professional Ballet dancer and teacher. Earned Ballet teaching degree in France.
- Dog Writers Association of America (DWAA)
- Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club USA
- Canine Freestyle Federation
Author’s web sites:
- Grandville Cavaliers — Founded in 2002. Breeder/exhibitor of the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
- SunnyVille Publishing— Founded in 2010
- Pawz & Pray —Dog related educational and inspirational articles. Founded in 2012
- Lost and Found Cavaliers Facebook page— Founded in 2014
- Hope in the Night —Inspirational faith based blog, 2015
Writing Awards and Nominations:
- 2013 —AKC Responsible Dog Ownership Public Service Award (DWAA); for the article,The BEST Gift You Will Ever Give Your Dog! published in The Royal Spaniels Magazine.
- 2014—Book Award Nomination; Pawz and Pray, Short Reflections about God, Life, and the Dogs I Love —Writing Competition, Dog Writers Association Of America (DWAA).
- 2015—Book Award Nomination; A Breeder’s Companion, Record Keeping—Writing Competition, Dog Writers Association Of America (DWAA).
- 2015—Award Nomination: The AdoptAShelter.com Adopt A Homesless Dog Award. Presented for the article, “That’s What Friends Are For” (Royal Spaniels Magazine).
- 2015—Poetry Award Nomination: James Colasanti, Jr. Poetry Award. Presented for the poem, “That’s What Friends Are For” (Royal Spaniels Magazine).
- Lord, Help Me To Flourish. A Coloring Devotional.
- My Beloved Dog Wellness Book, Veterinary Record Keeping & New Owner Resources
- Pawz and Pray, short reflections about God, life and the dogs I love!
- My Beloved Dogs, Record Keeping for the Canine Competitor and Multi-Dog Home
- A Breeder’s Companion, Record Keeping For Your Dogs’ Litters
- A Story of a Promising Puppy
- Un Petit Chien Plein De Promesses ( the french version of A Story Of A Promising Puppy)
- Reflections; A Devotional Inviting You On A Journey Towards Purity
All personal writing, photography and video on PawzandPray.com is the property of the author and may not be reproduced in any manner without following these GUIDELINES. Thank you. © Leila Grandemange